Monday, June 7, 2010

La-De-Daaaaah

So things have picked up a bit around here... Now lets begin!


Friday night I helped with an art gallery opening! It was hosted by my internship, and therefore, I got to do some stuff leading up to the event, such as making 100 goodie bags (which was actually kinda tiring) and creating signs. The actual event was pretty cool, but also kinda boring at the same time. I stood for nearly 2 hours up at the front with the sign telling everybody to "go back past the double doors and to the left." Let me just say this. Walking around in high heels actually isn't that bad, it's not! But- standing in high heels it is. The pressure is just focused in one area. Anyways, it was fascinating to get a chance to listen to the artist speak. He's done multiple types of these collections focusing on various issues, so his passion really is to bring art and humanitarianism together. Surprisingly enough one of the warehouse employees was actually featured in it. It came to a surprise to almost everybody there, and it was much different to go through it actually knowing one of the people featured.


It's nice to see some of my projects finally starting to tie-up a bit. We're about to make a lot of purchases of items which I've collected bids for! Caps and tablecloths/runners tomorrow. Soon we'll be ordering pencils, shirts, totes, and mugs! I've also been given a HUGE project today which will be my legacy post-internship. I got kinda overwhelmed at first listening to everything I was suppose to do, but I'm really starting to get excited now! I'm even almost done with the rough draft of my marketing plan! I like the creativity in it. The fact that it's not so monotonous and, like I said, it'll be something implemented into the business which will continue to go on without me. So the pressure is on!


Today I participated in my first all staff meeting. Woot. I ended up sitting with the other intern and la hermana. Apparently every month they start off with a welcoming of new faces, including us interns (and new babies!). Probably didn't help me and Joc's cause when I included in my introduction "I'm her little sister" and theeeeeeeeen... "and we're not twins!" Except this time I was joined in by Joc... Doing the exact hand movement as each other. I know after 20 (almost 21) years it's expected we would have the same mannerisms, but really? It's never going to end.


Whelp. There's at least a little update. US versus England on Saturday! Sleeping Beauty ballet on Sunday! I already can't wait for next weekend...

1 comment:

lancaster.sarah56 said...

Thanks for the update. Yay! I want to hear more about what this "legacy" project is. Glad things are getting more interesting.
And I'm singing "Sisters, sisters, never were there such devoted sisters."

Love you, and be sure to report to us about your weekend.
Love, Mom