Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Ale-Alejandro

Hi there guys!

So I got a lot of sleep last night! Which isn't exactly the best thing? My alarm didn't go off! I've been having a lot of problems with my phone lately for a couple of months now. It doesn't ring every time I get a text message or call, and since this is the second time already my alarm hasn't gone off, I'm starting to wonder if it's affecting it now. The last time it happened I slept in ten minutes. Today it was a whole hour. Thank goodness I woke up when I did! I didn't get any chance to check my emails or de-stress before work, but I did show up ONLY about 5 minutes late thanks to the grace of Jelly Beans! Don't ask me where that came from? I have no idea?

Today we had an interesting group of volunteers come in. My cashier from Central Market this past weekend (who I did tell him I'd be seeing there, and he ignored ME when I said hi! Maybe he forgot), and a group of probational Juveniles! I didn't know for awhile, and didn't even think anything was up when their group leader said they must go back to work as a group and wait for the others to come back from the bathroom; they were obviously minors so I just thought he wanted to be responsible. It wasn't until he said he had to go in there after about 2 minutes that I got a little confused. He then quickly explained their situation, which then made sense. I talked to a few of them during that short time. One had a nasty looking black eye who just couldn't understand how I could work an 8-5. "My 8-1 is hard enough for me!" They also expressed over and over again how much they wanted to be home instead of there. But, they had a great repertoire with their two leaders, which was quite refreshing to see. We have people come in from prison with a Second Chance program to help, which is always heart-warming. So, I hope this act of volunteerism really struck a cord with these kids. They truly all did seem to be quite sweet.

My Marketing Plan is almost complete! Right now it's at almost 4 full pages, but that last page is really only an explanation for new things mentioned in the Marketing Plan which have not been in place before. So, I'm not really quite sure if that counts or not. But, it's only a rough draft of one, and I'll get some feedback from it on Thursday, so hopefully it'll only get stronger! I have a lot of changes proposed, which sounds like they wanted. It's not like they wanted me to create a plan for a program which already existed just so I can have the experience of making a plan. That's just dumb. I'm sad I won't actually be here to watch how it'll all play out. I also have to constantly remind myself that this one program is not the entire focus of the operation, which is difficult. I kind of want it to be the main focus of all the different areas. That'll definitely be hard when talking to PR, I'm going to be asking a lot from them! But, since it's all about how to better market it, PR would definitely have to have a big role in it! It makes sense? At least to me. But, I'd rather bring too many big ideas to the table than not enough, I just hope I won't take it harshly if they don't take on everything. I know it's a lot to ask, but I think it'll definitely work! This thing is already feeling like my baby...

So, don't judge, but last night was real emotional for me. It was the Glee finale! I am a hardcore Gleek. No lie. If you're a fan of the show, then you know what I'm talking about! I didn't cry. I only shed two tears. But, after talking to friends, I'm glad to know I wasn't the only one. When the students all sat down and said how Glee club had changed them, I just couldn't handle it. I think it all happened when it was Finn's turn talking about how before Glee club he never had a father. GAH! How are you NOT suppose to cry?? Le sigh. I'm going to miss it during it's off season. What a twist of an ending though! I loved it!

Whoops. Church just came in. Saw somebody wearing a shirt of a local highschool I know. Asked him if he goes there. He was one of the leaders. Ouch. In my defense- he looked super young! How was I suppose to know?

Oh well, what the hell. Sorry for the language. Just started re-reading Catch-22 again. Had to do it.


Hope y'all have a great week/end!

PEACE!

1 comment:

lancaster.sarah56 said...

I share your pain about missing Glee. Wasn't Sue great? Such a softy.

Glad your marketing plan is taking shape. You'll have to call and tell me the details, oh yeah, if your phone works.

A few times i was mistaken for a youth in the youth group I led when we were in California. It happens. Not sure how a guy would take that, but it didn't bother me.

Love you, and thanks for writing twice this week.
Mom