Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Working for the Clampdown

So, I'm sitting here at my desk. 3 tabs full of pictures of Grocery Totes; and one (the opened one) on a Newsweek article on what the show 24 says about our Presidency. I've never watched 24 before. Ever. In my life. Quite frankly, I?ve already gone through the fun articles: Magic wins, Heroin kills, Queen opens up Parliament, Floptina (Christina Aguilera) cancels tour, etc.

Right now I'm just sitting here while everybody around me works on their projects. 2 more hours until I get my next one. Now don't get me wrong, I have been working- and working hard! I think that may be the problem. I've always loved logical little things to complete, so put an easy task in front of me- BAM, it's done. Yes within 2 and a half days I've gone to a hundred different companies websites, searched, and found their Community Relations focus areas, and their headquarters. Simple, just suppose to take a longer amount of time to do. Insert information from 35 business cards into a computer system? Just a couple of hours.

My big project I'm working on right now is very stop-and-go. Did a bunch of research to narrow down to 3. One day. The frustrating part right now is to wait on different places to get back to me. I hate being on other people's time. As soon as I get new information I input in and then wait some more. Gah. It's kinda killing me right now!

Check the email again. No new messages. C'mon companies! Keep up with me, please!

I just realized this morning just how short summer really is. I have my next few weekends already lined up with things to do. Lake House, art show, World Cup, ATX, 4th of July. All lined up, all busy. I can't believe it's my last summer. It honestly does break my heart a bit.

I also just can't believe how grown up my friends and I are now. Just 3 years ago I was a doe-eyed little girl thinking that because I was about to become 18 I was going to be an adult. Nope. This is the real-world, honey. I always promised myself I would never work in a cubicle, and look where I'm at right now. (Check email again- no new messages.) This here is the real world. Setting your alarm for 6:20 to wake up, take out the trash, make yourself lunch, drive to work. No sleeping in until 9, only to wake up to do your school reading until class begins. Nope, not here. By 8 you're in front of your computer replying to those emails sent AFTER you left the workplace. Just working for the clampdown (duh-dun-duh!).

The other intern began yesterday. Guess I'm no longer
the intern. Kind of a shame. I liked it. Funny and true story... She walks in yesterday and we're wearing almost the exact same outfit. A simple white button up with three-quarter rolled up leaves buttoned up too, jeans, and light pink flats. What? How did this happen? As if people don't already confuse me with my sister, now I'm going to be confused with the other intern? At least we look different today. Hopefully, we can keep it up a bit.

Still. No new emails. 1:50 until I get my next project.

I must admit I'm excited for this weekend. With it being memorial day weekend, the whole clan of us is driving out to East(ern) Texas to go stay at my Aunt and Uncle's lake house. I love a good lake, and Texas definitely has the best! There's going to be 11 of us, so it should be a fun (crazy, and interesting) time for all! And of course, there'll be lots of desserts. Guess the little Suzie-Homemaker in me is going to come out. I got suckered into making something- with threats of break and bake cookies if I don't do it. But, I really don't mind. Baking is just such a relaxing thing to do. As long as you don't give yourself a second-degree burn. Just going to put another episode of the Tudors on and ravel in the amazingness of it and it's horrible historical inaccuracies. If it weren't for the fact that I love everything about the Tudor family so much, I would hate it. Seriously, it's ridiculously wrong about so much. A brunette King Henry VIII? No. One with 6-pack abs? Maybe during the Katherine of Aragon/early Anne Boleyn ages. But by Jane Seymour he was morbidly obese.

Ok, by this point I'm just rambling because I'm bored. NO NEW EMAILS.

Well, I leave you now with a video which sums up my life right now exactly. Trust me, I love the internship. I just can't believe I'm only 20 and I'm already giving in to capitalism. Aren't I suppose to be sticking-it-to-the-man right now? Guess I was never much the rebellious one. Le sigh.



Ooh! New article! Owner of chimp in mauling attack dies! I've always hated primates...

1 comment:

lancaster.sarah56 said...

Honey, take heart. If you had really given in to capitalism, you would be MAKING MONEY. But since you are not, you are not a capitalist pig just yet.